Wednesday, June 22, 2011

WWJLD Wednesday.....Imagine

Some of you might be looking at the title trying to figure out what 'WWJLD' stand for. Initially - What Would Jesus Do - right? But wait, what's that 'L' in there? As I mentioned before I'm not very religious, at least not one religion. So the one I look up to isn't Jesus...blasphemy, I know. I look up to John Lennon, hence the 'JL' in my WWJLD. While I think JL is probably known as the cocky and conceited Beatle, I can also tell by his music and by interviews, that he had a huge heart and was very sensitive. He has written and co-written arguably some of the best and most beautiful music in the world. Some is angry, some is fun, but some of his music is just him - raw and emotional to the core.

Therefore I am going to dedicate my Wednesdays to JL and his lyrics and imagine the possibilities.
Imagine the world as JL saw it when he wrote the song 'Imagine'. How can anyone say this isn't a beautiful thing to Imagine:

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today 


Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace 


You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions

I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one




As a side note - I do have to admit I took the idea for WWJLD Wednesdays from my friend's blog for her One Word Wednesdays...I thought what a brilliant idea! I have to do something like that! Thanks Meredith for the great idea!

5 comments:

  1. John Lennon, eh? One word Wednesdays is a cute idea. Happy Hump Day!!! Do you know how to post a youtube to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup John Lennon! He's the man! I don't know how to post anything yet! lol. I'm still learning how to do all this stuff, but posting a video would be a great idea! For the most part I think I want to post his lyrics in their most basic form. But some will definitely warrant a video too I think.
    You get back to your posting now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It could also mean "What Would J-Lo Do?"... Just sayin'....

    ReplyDelete
  4. John Lennon was definitely one of the most talented people that has ever lived. So sad that his life was cut so short by some sick person. But his contributions to the music world will live on forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very true MV - of course if it were J-Lo it would be a very different blog. It's hard for me actually get a feeling about how J-Lo would react in different situations as I don't feel she ever gets very personal in her music or acting. She seems very safe. Although I did really like her as a judge on American Idol this year. I really liked her honesty and felt her empathy. I was actually pleasantly surprised. I really thought she would always be right in the middle all the time. But I thought she gave some real advice that the contestants could use anytime in their careers.

    ReplyDelete