Friday, June 17, 2011

Waking Up....

I've always lived a life that I think most people would be content with. But after many years, I started to realize it was a life I wasn't happy with, and being content, just wasn't good enough. I was closed off and I was living my life to make others happy and losing myself in the process. One day I just woke up and it hit me. These aren't the things I want. But then I had to ask myself - What the hell do I want then? I've always been a 'go with the flow' type of girl. Never wanting to rock the boat, I never really spoke up, I never asked the questions that were burning inside me. I was always too afraid. Afraid of being laughed at or made fun of. Or even afraid of hurting someone's feelings or angering someone. But I starting looking around me and seeing, I mean really seeing. Seeing things as they are. Seeing so many people for who they really are. And now the questions and answers that seem so obvious to me, just frustrate me. I wanted to explore more, more about myself and this existence. More about this 'plane' and others.
I decided to write this blog to share my opinion and views on topics that I feel passionate about. I'm not saying this is going to be a blog that is deep on every level. It's not, or not all the time anyways. Honestly I may blog about topics at one end of the 'fluff' spectrum - who I want to win on American Idol....to the opposite end - political issues, bullying, same sex marriage.
While my intent is not to directly offend anyone with this blog, please remember this is MY opinion. Please feel free to share your opinion, but do so with some intelligence and back up your views. Remember if you have the right to your opinion, I have the right to mine. Who knows, maybe if you have great points, you might just change my mind. I think we can all work on being a little more open minded.

No comments:

Post a Comment