Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WWJLD Wednesday....Watching the Wheels

One of the main things I like to take from this song when I listen to it is to just stop for a few minutes and just sit back and watch the world go by and just enjoy yourself. Stop trying to be in the middle of everything and just focus on those things that are important. Just sit and watch the wheels go round and round.

This song was released posthumously in 1981 after his murder in 1980. I picked this particular video because I loved the home movies of him being a stay at home dad taking care of his second son Sean. So many people were pressuring him to get back into the music business, but he was done doing things on others terms. He was taking time to be with his family and dream. And wouldn't the world be a better place if we all 'dreamed' like JL? Couldn't we all just take a minute, step off the merry-go-round, and let it all go?

So stop for a minute and read the lyrics, listen to the music, relate it to your own life. Do you need to be in that rat race to be happy? Are their simpler things at home, like your family, your dreams, peace, that are more important?  `







People say I'm crazy doing what I'm doing,
Well they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin,
When I say that I'm o.k. they look at me kind of strange,
Surely your not happy now you no longer play the game,
People say I'm lazy dreaming my life away,
Well they give me all kinds of advice designed to enlighten me,
When I tell that I'm doing Fine watching shadows on the wall,
Don't you miss the big time boy you're no longer on the ball?
I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round,
I really love to watch them roll,
No longer riding on the merry-go-round,
I just had to let it go,
People asking questions lost in confusion,
Well I tell them there's no problem,
Only solutions,
Well they shake their heads and they look at me as if I've lost my mind,
I tell them there's no hurry...
I'm just sitting here doing time,
I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round,
I really love to watch them roll,
No longer riding on the merry-go-round,
I just had to let it go.

1 comment:

  1. Another beautiful song! Too bad so many people are caught up in the daily dramas of life, they don't realize what is really important in life! Smelling the flowers, listening to waterfalls, crickets and birds singing, spending time with your children, playing and having fun with them! So many people finally realize it when it is too late! Unfortunately, people do have to work to pay the bills, keep a roof over their heads and food on the table. But when the work day is done, be sure to take some time with family - the most precious time of all! And also to just enjoy life while you are still here, before it is too late!!!

    ReplyDelete